Depressed Kapil Sharma Turns Alcoholic Refuses Rehab To Promote Film. - by Suhel Johar


 
From losing Television Rating Points (TRPs) to the host's health issues, cancelling multiple shoots of his show The Kapil Sharma Show, sending several superstars home to eventually taking a break from TV, Kapil has remained in the limelight for all the wrong reasons. Following the break, The Kapil Sharma Show's slot will be occupied by none other than Kapil's arch rival Krushna Abhishek's The Drama Company at 9pm.

While a lot has been spoken about the comedian, from being unable to handle stardom to becoming too big for his shoes, Kapil has kept mum all these while.

 
However, in a recent interview with the Hindustan Times, the host of The Kapil Sharma Show, who is currently being treated at hospital, opened up about his health issues and more. Kapil revealed how he became an alcoholic after the Sunil Grover incident. He also admitted that there was a problem and he has had to pay a heavy price for it. It was his health issue which made him quit his show for a few days but he will be back on television after the release of his film Firangi.

Talking about his temporary break, “ Main thoda phisal gaya tha. Ab sambhal gaya hoon. Health issues hain. (I had slipped but I've regained composure now. Have a few health issues) Yes, it is true that I have taken a break from the show for sometime as I have not been keeping well. I ignored my health in the past, worked back to back, over exerted myself and that's the reason my health has gone for a toss. My body and mind need to repair and heal,” Kapil said.



He informed, “I've checked into an ayurveda clinic for complete detoxification. They are saying I have to stay here for 40 days. But I won't be able to stay that long. I have my film coming up in November. I am thankful that the channel has been very cooperative with me. The decision to take the show off air was taken mutually by him and Sony TV,” he said.

In another interview to another daily Kapil Sharma refuted reports of him making superstars including Shah Rukh Khan, Anil Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Ajay Devgn and others wait on sets of his comedy show. "How can I make them wait? All these rumours are baseless and there is no truth to it. My show is what it is today because of these stars. They have added charm to TKSS. I have immense love and respect in my heart for them. I am not bigger than my show."

But it is a fact that Kapil Sharma in the past three months reportedly cancelled shoots 7 times. The last shoot that got cancelled had left Ajay Devgn and his Baadshaho team furious. After the shoot got cancelled, Sony TV had sent a verbal notice to him to pull up his socks and correct his "unprofessional behaviour." It was only after the cancellation of this shoot that Sony TV decided to pull off the show temporarily owing to Kapil's health issues and repeated shoot cancellations.

While Kapil has blamed his failing health for The Kapil Sharma Show's downfall, it is said that someone else besides Kapil himself was largely responsible for ruining the successful show.

 
Reportdly, the man is none other than Kapil's close friend Rajiv Dhingra, the director of the comedian-actor's upcoming movie Firangi, who was appointed creative director of the show after Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and many others left The Kapil Sharma Show.

But the director reportedly failed to manage the team due to which the quality of the show dropped and scripts were never ready on time. All these eventually resulted in the show going off air. Many of the team members also reportedly didn't like Dhingra.
 

With TKSS going off air and Kapil in treatment, the crew is looking for other opportunities. Kiku Sharda will be seen in SAB TV's new sitcom, Partner, which also stars veteran comedian Johnny Lever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurants Owned By Bollywood Celebs by Suhel Johar

Play Review - Ladies Sangeet by Suhel Johar

Blast From The Past - Arshad Warsi and Sajid Khan Were Background Dancers In A Jeetendra-Kimi Katkar Song by Suhel Johar